Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Potato soup


So, work went late today and looking in the fridge all I saw was the oatmeal bread from this weekend, so I decided to try some potato soup. I started with a potato leek recipe, but I altered it to what I had on hand:

Ingredients -
3 Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
5 Potatoes, scrubbed and diced
1/8 cup Olive Oil
3/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 quart Turkey Stock (canned up last year)
1/4 teaspoon Celery salt
1/8 teaspoon Celery Seed

Sauté the diced onions and sliced garlic in the olive oil until transparent. Add stock, celery salt and celery seed, and the quartered potatoes. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Puree the mixture in a blender (carefully, hot stuff tends to explode in the blender, so start with small amounts and slowly add more). Return to the pan. Stir in the milk, and cream, reheating one minute if needed.

Serve w/ (oatmeal) bread w/ raspberry peach jam and chunks of smoked cheddar.

No comments: